Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chances are, time is golden

Today I have a problem. And I am still lost for words to express it. Perhaps by blogging about this, my mind and body might be eased of the tension and pressure of a chronic problem called procrastination. Here it is.

I don't know if it is the lack of inspiration, not being in the mood, or it is the critic inside me that is stopping me from writing. I just can't move my fingers to start with a simple writing project. Yet, I can't begin.

I work as a freelance writer for more than a decade now, with God's help. Since this is my choice after leaving my former employer based in Manila as a business journalist, I believe the independence that I sought and finally achieved automatically excuses me from complaining. And blogging seems but another outlet or a means to excuse myself from really doing the more essential side of my work.

Cramming looks more and more attractive during this phase or period. I have also used all available reasons to excuse and request for time extensions. This should already be manageable because I've been in this business far more than I can remember every waking days. I also have many successful attempts at stopping procrastination from entering my routine. Yet am again struggling. It's like a love-hate relationship that is often on and off, on and off.

I know many are like me who are feeling this whenever confronted with multiple bags of works to do. As the work loads pile and pile, the more that it becomes too tiring to even think about starting or beginning from page one.

My time is running out and yet am still breezing away with my new companion (right, this blog). The time's brilliant eyes are staring my face. You must fight it, I heard the watch clocking a whisper to my ears.

Yes I know. I must start now so I will be closing this post with a quick shot of advice derived from Seth Godin's blog with the title, "Opportunity Cost." At least here's an advice that is not out to advice me the same obvious tips like focus, concentrate and don't read the emails in the morning, etc. In this short blog, Godin said straight to my face: "Clearly, the stuff you miss has a cost."

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment